A facelift isn’t just a surgical procedure. It also helps prevent skin cancer, reduce wrinkles, and make you look younger. But most people don’t realize how many benefits they get from having a facelift.
It turns out that facelifts can do a lot more than just make you look young again. In fact, they can even save your life! Here are 10 FACELIFT FACTS you never knew before.
1. A facelift helps prevent skin cancer.
According to recent studies, a facelift reduces the risk of developing basal cell carcinoma (BCC) and squamous cell carcinoma (SCC).
This makes sense because BCCs and SCCs develop when cells become damaged due to sun exposure. The facelift in new jersey removes wrinkles, which protects against damage from UV rays.
2. A facelift prevents facial paralysis.
Facial paralysis occurs when nerves in the face become damaged or severed due to trauma, disease, or aging. The result is a drooping eyelid, loss of muscle tone, and inability to smile.
While there is no cure for facial paralysis, a facelift may help prevent further damage to the affected muscles. Facial paralysis usually affects only one side of the face, but it can affect both sides.
If you’re experiencing facial paralysis, ask your doctor about a facelift. Your surgeon will perform a small incision along the hairline and lift the excess skin over the paralyzed area. This lifts the skin and removes excess fat and loose tissue.
Afterward, the surgeon will tighten the underlying fascia (the connective tissue between the skin and muscles) and reposition the muscles back into place. Finally, he’ll stitch the incisions closed.
3. A facelift surgery improves blood flow.
This makes sense because facial muscles are connected to the heart and lungs. So when we lose muscle tone, our face loses its ability to pump oxygenated blood throughout our body.
This causes us to feel tired, sluggish, and depressed. But a facelift helps restore blood flow to the face, making us feel better overall.
4. A facelift surgery boosts metabolism.
If you’re looking to boost your metabolism, there’s no better place to start than your face. Facial exercises help tone muscles throughout your body, including those in your neck, shoulders, arms, legs, back, abdomen, chest, and buttocks. They also improve circulation and reduce stress, helping you feel happier and healthier.
Excercise your facial muscles to keep them toned and firm
1. Smile. This helps relax tense muscles and improves blood flow.
2. Exhale slowly through pursed lips. This forces air out of your lungs and opens your mouth.
3. Squeeze your cheeks together. This tightens your jawline and lifts your cheekbones.
4. Clench your teeth. This increases muscle tension and stimulates nerve endings.
5. Make a frowning expression. This pulls down the corners of your mouth and raises your eyebrows.
7. Raise your eyebrows. This makes your eyes appear bigger and gives you a more alert appearance.
8. Cross your eyes. This creates creases between your brows, making your forehead look wider.
9. Stick out your tongue. This widens your mouth and makes your lips fuller.
5. A facelift protects against sun damage.
Sun exposure causes premature aging and wrinkles. But did you know that a facelift can help prevent these signs of aging?
A facelift removes excess skin, tightens loose skin, lifts sagging facial features, and eliminates wrinkles. The procedure also reduces the visibility of dark circles under the eyes.
6. Facelifts are typically done under general anesthesia.
Facelift procedures are typically performed under general anesthesia, although local anesthesia is sometimes used. Patients who undergo this type of surgery must be prepared for downtime. They should avoid strenuous activity until at least three days following the procedure.
7. No facelift lasts forever
Facelifts aren’t permanent fixes. They’re just temporary solutions to aging skin. A surgical facelifting cannot be undone. However, your achieved result may deteriorate over time due to natural aging processes, so you may require another surgery to address the aging process if needed.
That’s why it’s important to keep your natural-looking facelift healthy. The right diet, exercise, and supplements help prevent sagging. And when it comes to supplements, collagen is king. Collagen helps retain elasticity and firmness in facial tissues.
Collagen is found naturally in our bodies, but we need to supplement it to maintain youthful appearance. So what does this mean for us? We should take collagen supplements every day.
8. Facelift addresses Multiple Signs of Aging
The gradual decline of your face’s health can be a consequence of various processes, including your face’s thinness and the absence of facial fats. The causes of these issues might consist of growing older, gaining weight, sunshine, cigarette smoke, genetics and stress. A facelift today focuses on restoring multiple signs of aging sustained over the previous decade or so by eradicating additional pores, tightening underlining tissue and muscle groups, and then wrapping the remaining pores for a sleeker and tighter appearance to the whole body. If you’re encountering any of the below common signs of aging, a facelift could deal with them in just one treatment:
- Sagging facial tissue around the midface, jawline, or neck
- Deep wrinkles that start at your nostrils and go down into your mouth (nasolacrimal folds).
- When you smile, you may notice that some wrinkles appear at the corner of your lips. These are called marionette folds.
- A jowly face or a double chin
- Facial fat or volume displacement
9. Beneficial for Men, Too
Contrary to popular belief, facelifting isn’t just a popular procedure for men; according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), facelifting was one of the most popular cosmetic procedures of 2017 for both sexes, and men comprised almost 10% of all facelifting procedures done that same season. Facelifting doesn’t just affect men either; it can help improve the appearance of aging faces, too. After all, time affects everyone the same way.
10. Save as driving a car
One thing I think most people don’t realize about cosmetic surgery and the present day is that it is extremely safe. I always tell clients when they express concerns about any negative things happening, that of course there might be complications, but we perform them daily, monthly and everyone gets it safely performed all over America. We have truly entered into an age where the modern age of medicine is just as safe as driving a car or flying on an airplane. Schedule an appointment for facelift new jersey with us Today.