Over the years, gravity, sun exposure, and the stresses of daily life take their toll on our faces. Dr. Nicole Schrader performs facelift surgery in New Jersey to help women and men restore a fresher, more youthful, yet natural look. As an experienced facial plastic surgeon, she has helped hundreds of patients feel more attractive and confident with this procedure.
- What makes the face look older?
- What improvements can a facelift provide?
- What is the right age for a facelift?
- How much does a facelift cost?
- How is facelift surgery performed?
- Can you combine a facelift with other procedures?
- How long does it take to recuperate afterward?
- How long will my results last?
- Why Choose Dr. Schrader
What makes the face look older?
As part of the natural aging process, most people experience one or more of the following changes:
- Hollows form below the lower eyelids
- Cheeks flatten and sag
- Creases form along the nose extending to the corners of the mouth
- Skin and muscle along the jawline slacken and form jowls
- Fat accumulates under the chin and along the neck
What improvements can a facelift provide?
Facelift surgery is designed to address moderate to deep facial wrinkles and reduce or eliminate the more obvious signs of aging in the lower two-thirds of the face. Dr. Schrader’s facelift results will help you look refreshed but won’t change your fundamental appearance. After this procedure, her patients typically appear 10 to 15 years younger.
What is the right age for a facelift?
As with many other cosmetic procedures, the “right age” for a facelift differs between people. Factors such as environmental exposure and heredity cause each of us to age in different ways and at different rates, which is why Dr. Schrader approaches every facial rejuvenation patient as an individual.
Most people feel they’re ready for a facelift sometime in their 40s or 50s, but the procedure can also be performed on those who are younger or older. Patients whose facial aging is mild may be satisfied with the results of non-surgical med spa services such as BOTOX® Cosmetic injections.
Many factors go into determining whether a patient is eligible for facelift, and age is only one of them. In general, Dr. Schrader considers the overall health of the patient, his or her degree of facial aging, and his or her desired goals before developing a treatment plan.
How much does a facelift cost?
Facelift surgery is highly customizable, so it’s difficult to offer an accurate quote over the Internet. Dr. Schrader strives to keep her rates competitive with other plastic surgeons in New Jersey without sacrificing patient safety or results. During your consultation, she will carefully evaluate your areas of concern and then have her team provide a written quote that reflects the techniques you decide on together.
How is facelift surgery performed?
Dr. Schrader performs facelift surgery as an outpatient procedure using either general or local anesthetic. She places the incisions in inconspicuous locations such as behind the hairline and in natural folds of the face and ears. Through the incisions, Dr. Schrader removes fat and tightens loose skin and muscles. She often includes a neck lift to complete the facial rejuvenation.
Facelift before & after photos
* All patients are unique and individual results may vary.
Can you combine a facelift with other procedures?
Absolutely. A traditional facelift rejuvenates the lower two-thirds of the face, but aging affects the upper face as well. Dr. Schrader can address multiple concerns at the same time by combining facelift surgery with:
- Eyelid surgery or a forehead lift to rejuvenate the upper face for an alert, refreshed appearance around the eyes and forehead.
- Facial liposuction or fat transfer to adjust the volume and contours of the face; for example, she can add volume to hollow areas or reduce a double chin.
- Non-surgical services to provide more comprehensive results.
Dr. Schrader enjoys working with patients throughout the decision-making process to help them choose the procedures that give them the improved look they want.
How long does it take to recuperate afterward?
Many of Dr. Schrader’s facelift patients are pleased to discover that the recovery period following facelift surgery is not excessively uncomfortable. Soreness and swelling are to be expected and are manageable with prescribed medication. The incisions may become itchy as part of the normal healing process.
For many patients, this procedure creates a lot of bruising. Even if you feel physically well enough to go out, you may not be comfortable with your appearance. Most facelift patients are able to resume their typical activities after about 2 weeks. At this point, sutures are removed and any residual bruising can be concealed with makeup. The thin scars usually fade over time until they are practically invisible.
Prior to surgery, each patient is given a detailed outline of what to expect after a facelift. Your own recovery may vary depending on the details of your surgery.
How long will my results last?
Facelifts cannot stop the aging process, but the results will last for years. A healthy lifestyle with consistent sun protection will help to extend the results of your rejuvenated, more youthful appearance.
Why Choose Dr. Schrader
- She is a double board certified surgeon in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Otolaryngology & Head/Neck Surgery.
- Dr. Schrader is a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- She has over 10 years of experience, 5+ years in private practice and has performed hundreds of facelift surgeries.
- Dr. Schrader Recognized as Best Plastic Surgeon by Town Topics Readers’ Choice Awards.